The Mapper utility provides a simple method for updating locators from one reference to another via a map file. While CINDEX and other indexing software allow you to alter page numbers, changing complicated section numbers, legal citations, and other such locators usually must be done by hand--one at at time.
Mapper utilizes a map file you create in a word processor, a text editor, or even CINDEX or Sky Index. The mappings you create are simply the old locator to look for and the new locator to substitute for the old. A single map file could be applied to many index files. Mapper can report various conditions such as mismatches or unused mappings so that you can verify that all the proper substitutions were made.
It can also process TIM mappings using long and short UID lists for embedded indexing projects.
- Mapper works with CINDEX or Sky Index index files.
- There is no limit to the number of map files and index files that Mapper can handle in one processing step.
- Mapper will report problems in your map file such as, forgetting to specify the new locator, or trying to map two old locators to more than one new locator.
- Mapper can report old locators that are not found at all in the map file ensuring every locator is mapped.
- Mapper can also report any mappings that were not used. This might indicate a typo in the map file.
- Mapper creates a new file with the mapped locators for you to import to your indexing software.
- Entries with unmatched page fields can be suppressed from the output file if desired.
- The map file can even indicate an old locator is "deleted" which causes Mapper to suppress any entry with that old locator from the output file.
- Mapper knows to retain any 'et seq.' phrases that might be present in locators. However, an 'et seq.' phrase on a locator that is marked for "deletion" in the map file, will be flagged in the report.
- Mapper also handles ranges of locators in the page field such as, "number-number" or "number to number".
Pricing and Ordering
check or update section numbers
Compatible with Cindex and Sky Index