CinScript is a utility for automating repetitive processes or workflows that involve CINDEX. Command line applications can also be invoked such as batch files or LevTech utilities allowing development of an integrated workflow.
A script is written to sequence the operations that are to be performed. CinScript is run to validate, or parse, the script for correct syntax. If there are no syntactical errors, the script is invoked which starts CINDEX and performs the operations in the script. This all happens with blinding speed too fast to follow in most situations!
Only some of the major CINDEX operations are available via scripting. This is not a utility that replaces macros or performs detailed operations on data in records or fields.
Situations or scenarios that are appropriate include, but are not limited to:
- providing common workflows for multiple users in an organizational environment
- replacing multiple, manual, time-consuming operations into one step
- after extracting data from say an XML file, load the entries into an index for cumulation purpores
- merge multiple index files or components into one master file
- perform finds and global replaces across multiple files
Pricing and Ordering
create and run scripts to control CINDEX in batch workflows
Compatible with Cindex