These utilities were created to assist publishers and freelancers further improve their workflow, enhance quality control, and better manage their indexing projects.
While the functions performed by the utilities are sometimes similar to CINDEX, the utilities allow you to perform many operations at one time in a single pass through one or more file(s) saving the time it would take to repetitively type commands at the CINDEX prompt.
To obtain information about ordering products, click here. Some utilities are provided with a GUI-interface to specify and run the utility. Others are meant to be used in a more batch-oriented workflow environment. However, LevTech offers a free utility: UtilityControlPanel™ which provides a simple window interface to invoking these utilities (approriate for individual, casual, or infrequent situations).
- CinScript™: create and run scripts controlling CINDEX in a batch workflow
- EntryExpander™: allows creation of consolidated entries, such as lists of authors, then expands them into multiple entries for publication.
- H/Check™: uses a heading authority list to validate index headings and reports inconsistent spellings, capitalization, and punctuation. It is most useful when indexing cumulations such as newsletters, journals, and multi-volume works.
- Index/Check™: provides style checking on index files. It checks spelling and capitalization inconsistencies, numerical sort sequences, and much more.
- PageAdjuster™: performs batch pagination adjustments on dummy numbers via chapter list of page ranges.
- SumDex™: creates several authority lists for managing large-scale projects involving multiple indexers or indexes spanning multiple files or volumes.
- Xelect™: extracts specific entries from an existing index for use in supplemental or derivative indexes. Many different criteria can be used to specify which entries are selected. Other functions enable various transformations to be performed on each selected entry's heading, locator, or cross reference fields.
- Custom programming of specialized utilities is available for those of you who have situations that can be automated to save you time and provide better accuracy.
- HTML/Prep™: converts a file with or without linked locators into an HTML or XHTML files for web and eBook use.
- Mapper™: allows you to build a table of locators and apply the mappings to create hyperlinks for indexes on the web or other electronic format. You can also delete or flag as deleted numbers or links that no longer are valid.
- CaseAbbrev™: reduces work preparing tables of cases. It abbreviates party names consistently to ensure accuracy! It also removes pinpoint cites.
- CaseCheck™: validates case citations in tables of cases.
- CaseRev™: reduces work preparing tables of cases. It reverses case names and generates various types of cross references for party names. It can cut your keyboarding time in half and ensure accuracy! [CaseRev ©2007-2008, Leverage Technologies, Inc.]
- Mapper™: allows you to build a table of old and new statute or regulation numbers and apply the mappings to an index. You can also delete or flag as deleted numbers or links that no longer are valid.
- SumDex™: creates several authority lists for managing large-scale projects involving multiple indexers or indexes spanning multiple files or volumes. It is knowledgeable about the special legal cross references that are not handled by CINDEX during a Verify operation.